BEFORE AND AFTERCARE
WHAT ARE EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
Eyelash extensions are a weightless, semi-permanent enhancement. Each extension is shaped like a single eyelash. The extensions are available in a variety of widths, lengths, and curls. There are four types of extensions: Volume and Mega Volume.
Types of extensions offered at The Secret Lash Society
- Volume Lashes, your artist will create a lash fan (5 - 10 lashes) which is then adhered to a single, natural lash. This type of extension is very popular. The lash fan is light and natural but adds a natural amount of volume.
- Mega Volume Lashes, your artist will create a lash fan (10 - 20 lashes) which is then adhered to a single, natural lash. This type of extension is very popular. The lash fan is light and natural but adds a significant amount of volume.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF WEARING EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
Eyelash extensions lengthen your natural lashes and create fullness. A number of women with naturally light-colored lashes also choose extensions to darken their existing lashes. Lash extensions create the appearance of a brighter, more open and rested eye, thereby creating a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance. Another advantage of lash extensions is how much time you can save during your beauty regimen. With lash extensions, mascara is no longer necessary. The added benefit is that they look beautiful morning and night, all day, every day, and they give you confidence.
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE LIKE?
It is painless, gentle and relaxing. Many of our clients enjoy soft conversation or drift off to sleep. Whether it is your first visit or time for a lash fill, the procedure will always be the same, with each appointment taking between 1 to2.5 hours. You will be comfortably reclined with your eyes closed while the lash extension of your choice is applied to each natural lash using medical-grade adhesive.
HOW LONG DO LASH EXTENSIONS LAST?
The look can be maintained indefinitely with regular lash fills. When properly applied, eyelash extensions will remain in place until the natural lash on which it rests falls out. Natural lashes grow in and fall out in cycles (every 30 to 90 days). Do not be alarmed — please note that this is a perfectly normal occurrence, with or without extensions. It is normal to see a natural lash with its root attached to a lash extension when shed. This does not mean you are losing your lashes or that the extensions are damaging them. Lash fills are necessary every two to three weeks in order to maintain your beautiful look.
WILL LASH EXTENSIONS DAMAGE MY NATURAL LASHES?
No. In fact, lash extensions are kinder to your natural lashes because you don’t need to curl them or apply mascara, which can dry out or even break your eyelashes. Lash extensions look and feel completely real. The technique also allows each natural lash to grow on its own cycle, without pain, pulling or pinching.
HOW DO I CARE FOR MY LASH EXTENSIONS?
You will not need to adjust your normal routine and lifestyle — if anything extensions will make your life easier! Never pull or rub your lashes. Amplify Lash Cleanser is recommended and can be purchased at the studio. Do not use a regular eyelash curler on your extensions, as that can damage the extensions. (Besides, you don’t need one!) Follow @thesecretlashsociety_ on Instagram for cleaning tips.
CAN I WEAR MASCARA?
One of the main advantages of eyelash extensions is that you really don’t need to wear mascara. If you choose to wear mascara, only apply mascara to your bottom lashes.
I’M CURRENTLY WEARING ANOTHER SALON’S LASHES, MAY I SCHEDULE A REFILL WITH YOU?
Every case is different. If your lashes are damaged then a removal will need to be scheduled. You will need to schedule a removal + Full Set. Everyone's style and technique is different. At The Secret Lash Society, we have high expectations. We demonstrate an exceptional level of execution in our applications and use premium products to achieve beautiful results. We love doing your lashes as much as you love your lashes. We strive to give you the best results for your dollar, and if you have been the unfortunate recipient of an eyelash-extension disaster, we would love to help.
HOW DO I CARE FOR MY EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
Your new eyelash extensions are fairly maintenance-free. The general rule of eyelash extensions is the less you touch them, the longer they last. The largest enemy of lash extensions is poor aftercare. Wash and DRY (cold air with blow dryer) them on a regular basis. Avoid direct contact with oils and high levels of heat this will help maintain the longevity of your lash extensions.
THERE ARE A FEW OTHER GUIDELINES TO KEEP IN MIND:
DON’Ts — please DO NOT:
- Pick or pull at your lashes
- Excessively rub your eyes, as this will pull off the extensions prematurely
- Use a harsh eyelash curler, as this will break the extension
- Apply mascara to the base of the lashes
- Use cotton balls or swabs directly on the extensions, as fibers can get caught in the bond
- Overexpose lashes to high levels of heat
- Brush your lashes daily to create a dramatic, fanned-out look (when brushing, brush from the middle of the lash to the tip)
- When lashes get wet, blow dry your lashes on a cold setting; this will remove excess water without weakening the bond or weighing down the extension leaving your fans full and fluffy.
- When washing your face, wash around your eyes first; when removing eye makeup using our light weight Amplify Cleanser.
- Use products specially formulated for eyelash extensions - if you need to purchase cleanser visit our "SHOP ALL" tab for cleanser.